Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Monotony...An Insult to My Intelligence (Prompt #45)

    "Beep...Beep...Beep." Everything "beeps" here. All I hear is beeping, humming, and people. Some days (more often than not) the people are the worst. They yell at you for all sorts of reasons, and most of them are not even legitimate. 
    Day after day, I slowly walk to the back, not even bothering to pick up my feet as I go. I fumble around in my purse for my badge and pull it out just in time to run it though the time-clock like I've done too many times before. I then collect my job necessities: my black pen, water bottle, chapstick, and name tag. I then head toward the front where all of the cash registers are located, where I'll spend at least the next couple of hours in monotonous Hell. 
    This job wasn't always this bad. In fact, when I first started, I loved ringing things through with the scanners. It was just like all of the times I had played imaginary grocery store with my younger sister. As time went on though, and I spent more of my time here, I realized how boring and repetitive it actually is. Why don't I find a new place of employment? I don't look elsewhere for several reasons. The first reason being that they're good with accommodating my busy and ever-changing school schedule. The second reason is that this job is so simple a monkey could easily do it, and the third reason is that finding a new job nowadays isn't an easy task. So, unitl I find something to replace my lackadaisical employment choice, I'll just deal with the crabby people and the never ending "beeps..."  

No comments:

Post a Comment