Thursday, April 7, 2011

Unjustified Revenge (Prompt #43)

    There are times in our lives when we hear stories about mishaps and unjust events that take place in other people's lives and think, "Man that sucks! I'm glad that isn't me..." I've always had those moments. It isn't a lack of sympathy, but more a sigh of relief; as if to say to Fate, "Thanks for letting me catch a break again." Life is funny though and no matter how honest, unselfish, fair, kind, or giving you may be something is always going to come around to bite you in the ass. Thats just how things work. 
    I guess I was due for a major "unfair mishap" last week. It all started a couple of years ago when I began dating someone right after my high school graduation. We were great together for almost two years, so great in fact, that we moved in together and he proposed. Not seeing a reason to decline his offer, I accepted. Months later I realized that I had made a huge mistake with my life and that I no longer wanted to share it with him (there were many reasons behind this, but that's a completely different story we won't get into for the sake of boring everyone). I called off the engagement and he moved out, leaving me alone in the one bedroom apartment. At first, I was so lonely. I would beg friends and family members to spend more time with me once I had them out just so I could avoid going home to an empty apartment that reminded me of the person I cared so much about but had decided I was better off without. I eventually moved on. Don't we all?
    I started dating again and met someone  I really liked. He was respectful in every way and only wanted to make me happy. It was refreshing and perfect for me. Somewhere in the midst of my newfound happiness, my ex had found out about the new guy and decided it was time to plot his revenge on me. Revenge for what you may ask. That was my question to him as well. I never got an answer...
    I came home one day after my classes got out so that I could change before going to work. I unlocked my apartment door and as soon as I walked in, I knew what had happened. My belongings were everywhere. Strewn all over the floor was my personal library and pictures of my family. He had broken in and exacted his unreasonable and unjust revenge on my life. I sat in the middle of my living room floor, head between knees sobbing. It wasn't until I got over the fact that my things were destroyed that I noticed I was missing some stuff. Not only did he wreak havoc on my entire apartment, he had stolen things as well. 
    I couldn't get a hold of him. I left voice-mails on his cell phone asking him what on the Earth could've possessed him to do such a thing, but for the entire night I never heard from him. I did however get phone calls from his mother. She threatened me and called me names. After hanging up on her several times, and threatening her with the authorities, I began receiving text messages with the same undeserved words. Not knowing (I still don't know what inspired this chaos) why this was happening to me, I curled up in my bed and cried most of the night. The very next day, I packed my things, broke my lease, and began moving out. I will never forgive him for unnecessarily turning my life upside down and I hope with my entire being that somehow karma gets him, and soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment