Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Week 14: Peer Review

Brandon:
  It's the last week of normal class! Your first post of the week, " Adventures in Solitude" was really awesome. I used to work retail and reading your post immediately brought me back to the days where I would stand for hours folding t-shirts or walk around attending to the messy fitting rooms. You really have great voice. Your second post was also great. I took the opposite stance on memoir writing and graphic works, but yours really made me think about it. I'm not totally against it; I just think full text is better. Great job and good luck on your final!

Chelsee:
  Hey Chelsee! Your first post this week, " Sparky Has Taken Over My Wardrobe" was great. I really love how you incorporated your title in to the actual story. It was creative and I liked it. I also really liked how easily I was able to relate to your post. I feel like we've all been in your position at least once or twice. Most of our posts for this prompt at least have some similarities between them because we've all held jobs where we didn't feel appreciate or we were just plain bored. I admire how you made it your own. For your second post, I found it interesting the way you perceived the prompt. I like how you made it an "either/or" type situation. All in all, great work and I wish you luck on your final!

Alyssa:
  Hey there, Alyssa! I really enjoyed your piece, " Over." I know it didn't stick to the prompt, but I didn't mind one bit. It was creative and a great insight to what you've been up to. It was also a great insight to your character and your personality. In other words, it was revealing. Your second post about graphic novel writing was also insightful. In my post I similarly point out the benefit of using the illustrations to clarify the author's thoughts or points, but conversely, I ended up saying that I would stick to plain text. I guess I just don't enjoy graphic works as much as I do a good book. Anyway, I digress. Great posts this week. I can't wait to read your final. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment